Monday, March 06, 2017

Things to do before I'm 70

A friend of mine recently turned 60, and for the year before her birthday she was working on a checklist of "60 things to do before I'm 60". She managed almost all of it, and had some unique experiences along the way. I was inspired!

I decided to give myself more time by beginning three years ahead, on the "things to do before I'm 70" list. Some are big, expensive, and unlikely to happen, like trips to Africa and India. But what the heck? It's good to dream, right?

This week, I'm using the tarot to come up with more ideas for my "before 70" list.

Near the beginning of the year, someone (sorry! didn't make a note of who) posted an exercise using the Wheel of Fortune card, since 2017 is the Year of the Wheel (2+0+1+7=10). Here's my variation.

1. Shuffle your deck. 
2. Go through it face up until you find the X Wheel of Fortune.
3. Look at the card right after it. Don't think too much! Just blurt out something that comes to mind, even if it's crazy.
4. Put it on your "to do" list.


I chose three decks that have been tossing out thought-provoking cards recently. Here's what happened.
The Chrysalis Tarot (cropped)
In a land which has ancient trees, sit in the midst of some Standing Stones. 
There may (fingers crossed) be a trip to Britain in the fall. The land of ancient forests and stone circles.



Universal Fantasy Tarot
It's time to ride something you're afraid of.
A horse. I've always been terrified that it will turn back its head and bite my leg if I attempt to sit on it. 



Vikings Tarot
Go see where people worked. Visit a World Heritage Site.
This one set off a tingly chain of connections. I LOVE that!
2017 is Canada's 150th birthday year. In celebration, Parks Canada is offering free admission to all our national parks.
The only province I've never visited is Newfoundland, where the Vikings established their first North American settlement around the year 1000.
These images are from the Vikings tarot.
That Viking site, L'Anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland, is now a National Park, and a UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) World Heritage Site.
My Parks Canada admission card is downstairs waiting for me to use it.
Wow.