Sunday, February 26, 2017

No clue what to write about this week

Nothing seems interesting. Don't want to bore you with more calligraphy stuff. I'm reading about Sherlock but don't know nearly enough to tackle his deck. Don't feel like reviewing any of my other decks. Everything feels stale. Been there, done that. I hate it when my brain is lazy and bored.
I hear the voice of Julie Andrews speaking to me as Nanny from Eloise at the Plaza:

"Eloise, being bored is not allowed."
OK, Nanny, I'm shaping up.

I may not have any fresh ideas, but there are 21 decks sitting on the table behind me who probably do. Let's see who comes up to bail me out. The Magician! Who says there no such thing as magic?

Of the 21 Magicians, 9 are pretty much what you'd expect from this card, 2 look a bit nasty so I shoved them to one side. The other ten bring me new thoughts about the Magician, and that's what I'm looking for.

But first, a coincidence.
The Shakespeare Oracle shows the Bard himself in this take on the Magician. (I love pondering it, and am leaving you free to do the same without thought-interference from me.)
What showed up on today's poem of the day?

Shakespeare! Here's a clip from Sonnet 116. Good advice for our tempestuous times.

Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O no, it is an ever-fixèd mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;



I think Nanny Julie sent this card. How on EARTH could anyone be bored when surrounded by such a feast for the mind, the eye, and all the senses?
Image: World Spirit Tarot



It's true, Shakespearian Tarot. I am working on an absorbing new project.



You're right, Margarete Petersen, the winds of change are blowing through my life as I near retirement in June. New opportunities blowing my way - yup, that's magic!



Ravens! How I love them and their incredible smarts! They've been showing up regularly here. I learned about their cleverness in Bird Brains by Candace Savage. (She also wrote Witch: the Wild Ride from Wicked to Wicca.)
Image: Chrysalis Tarot (cropped)



We live in a magical world, that's for sure. Wonders abound. I hope we realize it in time.
Image: Golden Tarot



Let there be light! Slanting sunlight and flashing firelight. This week I looked up an overnight VIA rail route that travels from Winnipeg, Manitoba to Churchill in the far north, where the Aurora Borealis lives. It's on my bucket list, that train trip.
Images: Vikings Tarot, Universal Fantasy Tarot




Every single week this deck puts out a gorgeous atmospheric picture based on the stories of the Thousand and One Nights. It's a Lo Scarabeo deck, with the usual skimpy (dare I say almost useless) LWB. How I wish I knew more! Oh...I get it. Time to find a copy of the book and study up? Well, you'll have to wait your turn, Thousand and One Nights. I'm currently working on the stories of Sherlock Holmes so I can read that deck!