Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Pages of Wands on Retirement

This is my last year of teaching piano. And it's the last week working with this particular set of 23 decks; on December 21st a new batch come out for Winter.

Last Friday I hosted my final students' Christmas Party. I've been whittling down the numbers in my piano studio for several years now, and the gathering would be a small one. So I issued invitations to some past graduates and their families. Throughout the evening, several groups arrived, gifts in tow, and the most wonderful babble ensued!
Cries of delight and surprise, hugs, catching up, comparing notes on university classes and exams, parents reminiscing on years gone by. 

As I watched them all interact, so happy to see each other, a great warmth and thankfulness enveloped me, and is still with me today. I feel incredibly blessed to have had so many beautiful families as a part of my life these many years.

I'm looking at endings - bittersweet - and the card that arrived to speak this week is the Page of Wands. A newbie to the court, who hasn't yet experienced many endings in life. What can s/he share with me, when our life stages are so different?

Quite a lot, as it turns out.

On the one extreme we have the "toughen up, cookie" group.
Change takes guts. There's no backing down. Moving on is not for sissies.
Daughters of the Moon Tarot

Celtic Tarot

Middle of the road is the "woo-hoo" group.
There are exciting new horizons out there! What an adventure! Think of the new friends you'll meet!
Glastonbury Tarot

Wicca Moon Tarot

Celtic Dragon Tarot

And then there are the sweet ones, looking back with fondness and delight on the good times past.
Tarot of the Hidden Realm

Badgers Forest Tarot

I shall endeavour to heed all their advices!