Sunday, November 20, 2016

Knights of Swords, running off in all directions

Things have been pretty serious around here for the last couple of weeks, what with the state of the world's politics, the protests, and general lack of peacefulness. Today I'm changing it up, with the help of a phalanx of crazy Knights!

All the Knights have more energy than they know what to do with. And maybe not enough focus and experience to make their forays very effective, or productive, or positive. They're like puppies. Enthusiastic and wiggly, sharp little teeth chewing up stuff (some of it valuable), but we love them anyway and make allowances. Because we know they'll grow out of it.

Knight-ful energy combined with the budding intellectualism of the airy Swords is quite the combination! Working on being rational - making good progress - but there are still all those hormones at work.
This is what I've decided and I'm going for it!
Llewellyn Tarot (cropped)

Today I'm taking a tongue-in-cheek look at the Knights of Swords arrayed on my tarot table. While any one of these could take a serious place in an actual reading, today they've galloped over for a bit of fun!


First, we have the group pointing their swords, hollering THIS WAY! C'MON! CHARGE!
Celtic Dragon, Silver Witchcraft, Celtic, All Hallows, Fairy Lights (sides cropped)


NO, IT'S THIS WAY! LEFT! TURN AROUND!
Halloween, Mibramig Magical, Moon Garden, Witches, Deviant Moon



Then there are the cautious ones, who stop for a breather.
Badgers Forest, Arthurian, Wicca Moon


And these two are still looking for their horses...
Hidden Realm, Glastonbury



You know what I'm realizing, as I'm poking fun at these disorganized Knights of the realm of the mind? They're ME! And my late-November, pre-Christmas scatterbrained-ness! Ha!

Do the outside lights. No, it's raining - do them another day.
Find the folder of Christmas recipes. Where the heck did I put it? Start looking! What colour is it?
No. Start the shopping list. Didn't I already buy something for somebody? I think it's for Emily. Is it in my closet? Behind the bookshelves? I know it's here somewhere!

Get out the Christmas CDs. Where's Handel's Messiah? No, not that one. The newer version.
Hey, it's stopped raining. Do the outside lights...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~