Sunday, July 17, 2016

Revisiting the Vaults

Compared to many bloggers, I'm a newbie on the block - my list only goes back to 2013. But hey!
That's three years of steadfast writing and idea-birthing, almost every single week.

For a flighty Gemini with a
fleeting attention span, that's not bad!

 (The picture's kind of annoying, isn't it? But it had the flightiness I was looking for.)

This week, I decided to have a look back at some of those early posts, each dealing with one of the Major Arcana.

First up, Fools Rush In. A look at eight different Trump 0 from my collection (how it's grown since then!). There is much talk on social and commercial media about the state of our world right now. It almost takes the innocent courage of the Fool to navigate within these times.

Next, the Wheel of Fortune. Today I sent off a free reading on behalf of TABI. The young woman whose question I was addressing was in a very bad sad patch in her life. Unfortunately there wasn't much concrete that I could do to help, other than to say 'this too shall pass'. Which is pretty much the message of the Wheel - things change.

And last, Hanging Around with the Hanged Man. Yesterday I was on the phone with my daughter. Her almost-five-year-old came on the line to tell me that she was eating seaweed. A friend at school had shared some one lunchtime, Emily loved it, and it's now a favourite snack. Looking at the world of food from another's perspective: a Hanged Man moment, seen through the eyes of a child.


I hope you enjoyed this little trip through the vaults!