Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day and the Empress

My Mom and I go grocery shopping and have an early-bird dinner together most Fridays. She'll be 91 this June, and is an amazing example of what a positive old age can be like!
She's a pleasure to talk with, enjoys her home with its bird feeders and gardens, and is unfailingly interested in the lives of her kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids.
She listens to the news of the world and keeps me clued in, cooks and eats healthy, dresses more trendily than I do, has a great sense of humour, and is brave about facing the discomforts of an aging body.
She's plucky as all get-out and I love that she's my Mom!


In honour of my Mom this Mother's Day, I've chosen a few Empress cards that reflect the various facets of her personality and things about her that I'm grateful for.


   Her lifelong love of gardening
Gaian Tarot


  Good cooking, and her "recipe for success" - never give up   
Housewives Tarot









         Her strong faith
Dark Goddess Tarot

















Reading to me when I was little
Inner Child




                         Welcoming and loving all the new generations
Victorian Fairy Tarot
Sharing her deep regrets about her own Mom
Bohemian Gothic


                                                   Presenting a brave face to the world
Fantastic Menagerie
                                       

Enjoying life and all its sweetness
Elora Tarot

Happy Mother's Day to my darling Mom!
And to all the nurterers we encounter in our lives.