Friday, February 28, 2014

Fortune Telling

Gaius, Merlin's mentor and father figure in the BBC/Wales series Merlin, had this to say to the fretting young wizard who was doubting his magical powers:
There is nothing on this earth that can know all possible futures. The future is as yet unshaped. 
It is we that shape it; it is you, Merlin. The decisions you make, the actions you take.
I'm with Gaius on this one!


So what to do if a querent is asking for a prediction?

"Does my ex-boyfriend still love me?"
"I don't know."
Possibly the world's shortest tarot reading!

"What are the energies surrounding getting back together with my ex-boyfriend?"
"This has a bit more scope. Let's think of an appropriate spread and start shuffling!"


"Will I get the job I've applied for?"
"I don't know."

"How can I constructively spend my time while waiting to find out whether I got the job?"
"We can work with this. Which of these decks would you like to use?"



"What will my next partner look like?"
"I don't know."

"How can I best seek a compatible partner for a healthy relationship?"
"Let's have a look at what ideas we get from the cards."





"When will my online business be really successful?"
"I don't know."

"How can I move my online business forward?"
"Let's build a spread that hits the important points for your project."



A seer or a psychic? Not me! With you I glean ideas from the images on the cards.
The future? It's constantly shifting as we decide, act, re-think, re-act.
The cards are catalysts for our creative minds, a picture album of possibilities, 78 what-ifs, 
a brainstorm in a box.

The future is many threads as yet unwoven. 
The cards can help us choose the best yarns!