Wednesday, January 15, 2014

You should never say "always"

This tiny title contains three of my most disliked words: should, never, always. Especially should.
That REALLY raises my hackles!
A book or article about learning tarot (or anything else, for that matter) that tells me I
should do this, or should never or should always do that is OUT! Goodbye. Done.
I hope I'm not being too wishy-washy about this.


Granted, there are times when never is appropriate.
Never sell your body parts while you're still using them.
Never jump off a high cliff unless there's a really big pillow at the bottom.
Never arm wrestle a gorilla.
 


Ditto always.
Always look before crossing the street.
Always check the sauce for dead mice before serving it to guests. (This is not an original idea of mine;
I stole it from Anne of Green Gables.)


And even should has its uses.
With an early start, they should be there by noon.
If you should ever find yourself in need of help, call 911.
Should your Hollandaise curdle...


So if I don't want to say "should" in a bossy way, what should (ha!) I replace it with?
Well, there's you might like to... and perhaps try...
Or I encourage you to... and it might be helpful to...
Maybe steer clear of... or I prefer not to, but that's just me.
How about There's no one right way to do this; choose what feels most comfortable for you.


So I guess it boils down to this:
there are many different teaching styles
Gaian Tarot
Tarot of the Burroughs


Druidcraft
Steampunk (Moore)










































and a variety of learning styles.
And we all fit in somewhere!
AnnaK Tarot 
Maat Tarot